WHAT IS OFTEN MISSING FROM A TRIP?
The feeling of being able to experience in an authentic way the place that you are visiting, the pleasure of feeling like a Local, not a tourist.
In few words, we want to add that indefinite plus to our trip, that hint of flavor, the ‘zest’ that can make it unforgettable. This is the concept behind ZesTrip, an Italian based startup created by Andrea, Carlo and Michele, three under 30 people from Milan with a passion for travel, sharing and innovation, online since February. Just like a great chef sprinkles some lemon zest on an already awesome dish, turning it into a unique experience for the mouth, ZesTrip Local Experts can add the perfect flavor to an Italian (and soon, also European) journey.
THE RISE OF THE SHARING ECONOMY
The idea behind the platform is to transport the sharing economy in tourism: Local guides, who wish to share their passion and expertise, offering activities for all the type of people and budgets, enhancing the spirit of involvement.
The sharing economy, in particular in Italy, aims to do business without forgetting the idea that led to it: to improve the spirit of collaboration. This way, the Italian culture can be a social experience mediated by digital collaborative platforms like ZesTrip, where travelers meet locals.
HOW DOES ZESTRIP WORK?
ZesTrip works in a simple way: choose one of the proposed activities on the online platform, organized by trusted Locals wishing to share their passion and expertise such as tour guides, hiking enthusiasts, chefs, designers, artisans, architects or photographers.
- A walking tour of “The Best of Rome”, to guide you through the maze of architectural and historic wonders of the Eternal City
- A photographic tour of Milan, a walk discovering the city centre through the lens of your camera
- A tour on board of a mythic Vespa through the Chianti, one of the most beautiful zone of Tuscany and birthplace of a famous red wine
- A food tour in Trastevere, a Rome district with small artisan shops, a labyrinth of alleys and restaurants that still maintain a passion for food quality and genuine cuisine
- A secret event in Venice, guest of a unique location on the Grand Canal, a historic mansion that has hosted famous and noble people, a charming place to live unique moments as a noble Venetian aristocratic
- A Raku ceramic class in a garden of Elba island, an introduction into the magical secrets of color, glaze and the enigmas of oxidation
- A typical Sicilian lunch in a ‘Masseria’ of the XVIII Century, near Catania, with seasonal and homemade products
The platform is a great opportunity for freelance professionals who want to provide their skills to other people.
Freelance professionals can target tourists directly, without intermediaries and promoting their activities around the world, using the new potentialities of the social revolution.
In addition to your own presentation sheet, you can tell the beauties of your city through the ZesTrip blog, and be contacted by travelers via chat to build a completely customized activity.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A LOCAL EXPERT?
(Keep in mind: in a few weeks ZesTrip is planning to open in London!)
If you like the idea, find out more on how to become a local, welcome the visitors of your city and join the Zestrip community here or, alternatively, you can also send an email at [email protected] .
What are you waiting for?