If you are wondering what to do in Arousa Norte, here are six experiences we’d like to recommend you:
- 1. Hiking and rock hopping around Corrubedo’s lighthouse
- 2. Tasting the very best of Galician cuisine at Bemboa Restaurant
- 3. Exploring fishermen villages like Corrubedo
- 4. Shooting the sunset by Rianxo’s seaside ancient Celtic remains
- 5. Enjoying the local custom of free tapas for dinner with every drink in Rianxo
- 6. Renting a whole rural house to enjoy with your friends
1. Hiking and rock hopping around Corrubedo’s lighthouse
Start your day with this 100% free activity. Stunning Galicia goodness!
2. Tasting the very best of Galician cuisine at Bemboa Restaurant
With an innovative concept, this restaurant’s menu will only set you back around 15€ per person and you will have a chance of tasting some local dishes in a place that is, at the same time, a fish and seafood farm, a market and a restaurant.
3. Exploring fishermen villages like Corrubedo
After having lunch, a relaxed walk will help you digest and discover the unique charm of these towns by the seaside.
4. Shooting the sunset by Rianxo’s seaside ancient Celtic remains
Pack your camera or smartphone for a nice stroll at sunset.
5. Enjoying the local custom of free tapas for dinner with every drink in Rianxo
From 7 or 8pm till 10 or 11pm, you will be able to literally have dinner for the cost of some drinks if you step in a few downtown bars. Local atmosphere to have an authentic taste of what is like to live in Galicia. Because that is what we do every night here!
6. Renting a whole rural house to enjoy with your friends
It could go as low as 25€ per person and night to stay at the amazing Casa dos Ballotes II (Ballotes house II), in Rianxo, or any other listed as rural in the area. With four ensuite bedrooms, its own fully equipped kitchen and a living room to die for, spending the night around the fireplace on a winter night or al fresco in the summer terrace overlooking the sea is something you definitely should try. The hosts are gracious, welcoming and they give you just the space you are looking for without being intrusive. Match it with some wine, cured meats and cheese as we did and you will feel at home.
If you still wonder what else can you expect from this land, have a look to our favorite shots here:
Disclaimer: We were invited, along with other three GaliciaTB bloggers – Alejandro from La galleta molona, Maria from Maruxaina y su mochila and Chano from Enfoca Galicia – to spend 24 hours in this region and uncover Regala Arousa Norte experiences by Arousa Norte. In any case, all the opinions are our own. But, to be honest, we couldn’t be happier to help promote this next door destination that we visit every once and then to just find, every time, that is another piece of our amazing Galicia that we are proud to call home.