Have you ever find yourself taking water pictures in the perfect spot to later find out than your photographs turned out different than you expected in the first place? With just a few adjustments and water photography tips, you can take your pictures to the next level.
ADJUST THE SHUTTER SPEED
- Slow shutter speeds and long exposures for silky and smooth pictures
- Fast shutter speeds to freeze splashes and movement
PLAY WITH REFLECTIONS
- Still water
- Avoiding reflections with a polarizer filter
- Turn your pictures upside down
LOOK FOR A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW
- Get wet and shot underwater (or in between)
- Get closer to capture bubbles and water drops
- Adjust the depth of field
- Try a wide open aperture
- Picture frozen water, ice and snow as well
FIND UNIQUE SPOTS FOR STUNNING PICTURES
BE READY AT THE RIGHT TIME
MIX TECHNIQUES LIKE HDR AND BLACK AND WHITE
AND, OVERALL, DO NOT FORGET TO HAVE FUN!
What comes next? Find out more travel photography tips here and let us know which other photography tips you would love to read about!