Image via Flickr by Jesse Nickrand
- Breaking into the skydiving world with the guys at Sky Knights Sport Parachute Club.
- Missing Summerfest like crazy (at least me!) and attending every other festival happening during this season like the Cedarburg Winter Festival.
- Ice fishing at Humboldt Park
- Rock climbing at Bounce Milwaukee
- Catching a show at Milwaukee Theatre.
- Cheering at a baseball or basketball game.
- Riding down the Whitnall Park Iced Toboggan Slide in the city suburb of Franklin.
- Admiring ice sculptures during the winter carnival at Crystal Ridge Ski Resort.
- Cross country skiing in Brown Deer Park and Whitnall county parks.
- Drinking hot cider at the annual Light Up the Garden event in Milwaukee’s Lynden Sculpture Garden
- Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or snowmobiling your way around the Ahnapee state trail.
- Seeing the Green Bay Packers Lambeau Field if you are a big Packer or NFL fan.
- And while you are at it, having a look to the Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame won’t hurt either.
- Enjoying a show from the comfy seats at the iconic Meyer Theatre.
- Avoiding Oneida Roadhouse if it is not your lucky day.
- Joining a craft beer tasting tour at the local Badger State Brewing Company.
- Checking if Ashwaubomay lake, in the Memorial River Park is frozen or not.
- Visiting Algoma Park for skating, sledding, and cross-country skiing.
- Becoming a karaoke star at RumRunners.
- Missing summer like crazy as it is unlikely you will be able to join a boat tour through Dead Horse Bay.
- Drinking a pint of craft beer at the Bavarian village, at Wisconsin Dells’ Main street.
- Joining a casual basketball match at Bowman park, that has two full-size outdoor basketball courts.
- Skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing in Cascade Mountain, the only ski resort in the nation where the little ones ski free in the company of a paying adult.
- Improving your bowling skills at Knuckleheads’ bowling alley.
- Hiking the nearby state park of Devil’s lake.
- Stand up paddling at Mirror lake park.
- Attending a show at Crystal Grand Music Theatre.
- Sampling a glass of wine at Fawn Creek Winery.
- Ice skating at Poppy Waterman Ice Arena if there aren’t any games going on at the same time of your visit, one of the most fun things to do in Wisconsin in the winter!
- Enjoy indoor amusement facilities like Top Secret and Wild Fun Zone, open all year round.
Image via Flickr by Alicia Lynn
- Spending a tranquil afternoon at Appleton’s Lawrence University and attending a concert at its Memorial chapel.
- Go birdwatching at Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve.
- Spending part of your Christmas budget buying value presents for your beloved ones at Premium Outlets.
- Checking the inside of the parish St. Mary’s church.
- Chilling in one of the city spas such as BenMarNico’s and Inspire Spa.
- Breathing some fresh air at Erb Park, Plamann Park, and the Butterfly Gardens of Wisconsin.
- Visiting the Harry Houdini exhibit in The History Museum at the Castle.
- Learning something new at The Building for Kids.
- Making your own handmade and recycled paper at the Paper Discovery Center.
- Watching a musical at Fox Cities Performing Arts Center.
Image via Flickr by Anne Petersen
- Winning a game at CMP Tactical Lazer Tag.
- Pretending you are about to board your own boat at Lake Geneva waterfront.
- Getting truly amazed when attending a show at The Dancing Horses Theatre & Animal Gardens.
- Renting a kayak and paddling until you drop on the lake.
- (Now this is really cool!) Taking a hot air balloon ride over the scenic Lake Geneva area
- Falling for its cafes and cozy shopping areas and not wanting to leave.
- Pairing your creativity and a good glass of wine at Studio Winery.
- Going to Big Foot Beach State Park to catch some wintery sunbeams.
- Being ready to take the 3:45 Sundowner cruise departing from the winter harbor in Gage Marine, Williams Bay, WI.
- Just enjoying the fact that you are in one of the most beautiful towns in Wisconsin!