We can’t hold it anymore! After weeks of cooking up some delicious plans for next year, it’s time for the first announcement. We will be celebrating New Year’s Eve in Edinburgh. More precisely, we’ll party 2013 away and join the Hogmanay celebrations. These take part in Scotland after Christmas every year. And yes, we couldn’t be more stoked and excited about it!
Like a good bunch of other travel bloggers, we’ve been invited to join #blogmanay, an interesting campaign to showcase the celebrations live.
These are some of the scheduled events we are looking forward to:
- Sunday, December 29th: Welcome to #blogmanay at Edinburgh Castle and #ScotlandHour tweet up – After almost one day traveling up North, we already want to arrive and gather in that amazing location with fellow bloggers. Seriously!
- Monday, December 30th: Torchlight Procession. Every picture we’ve seen about this parade is more stunning than the previous one. Make your own judgement.
- Tuesday, December 31st: World famous street party and Fireworks – More than 80 thousand revelers are expected to join the celebration. As Spanish do, we love to party. What else can we say?
- Wednesday, January 1st: Loony Dook – With a pre-Dook parade, we are pretty intrigued about this crazy event where a lot of brave people take the plunge in the freezing-cold Forth waters. I am down for jumping in, Jose said ‘not in a thousand years’. Let’s see what happens.
But that’s not all:
- After the party, on Thursday, January 2nd we’ll head North with Haggis Adventures for a taste of their 3 days Scottish Highlands Tour. Skye island, Inverness, Glencoe, and Loch Ness are on the menu!
We are now pretty sure you get our excitement for 2013 to come to an end!
Follow #blogmanay tag in the social networks of your choice and Blogmanay’s Tumblr for the latest news about the celebrations.
Alternatively, you can check what the other bloggers are up to these days too. Expect stunning pictures and great travel tales since they will be broadcasting live from Edinburgh as well! Coming along: Adam from Travels of Adam, Sebastian from Off the Path, Juno from Runaway Juno, Dylan from The Travelling Editor, Audrey from That Backpacker, Samuel from Nomadic Samuel, Kirsten from Aviators and a Camera, Robin from The Scottish Travel Writer, Matthew from Expert Vagabond, Dougie from Great Travel Pictures and Jayne from 40 before 30.
Have you ever been to Hogmanay, Edinburgh or Scotland? Tell us your travel tips in the comments below 🙂
#Blogmanay is brought to you by Edinburgh’s Hogmanay and is supported by ETAG, EventScotland, Homecoming Scotland, VisitScotland, Edinburgh Festivals, Marketing Edinburgh and co-creators Haggis Adventures. Created and produced by Unique Events. As always, all opinions expressed here are entirely our own.
Photo credits. 1, 4 – Chris Watt, 2 – Grant Ritchie, 3 – Lloyd Smith and 5 – Tony Marsh