Miami is one of the most popular destinations for Florida holidays. This pulsating city has beautiful scenery, active nightlife, and unbeatable cultural events. Folks just passing through, stuck on a layover, or vacationing on a budget will find great things to do in Miami in about 24 hours.
Miami in 24 hours travel tips
- South Beach needs no further introduction. Soak in some rays, catch some waves, or just lounge along the miles of pristine coastline.
- Gables Art Walk is held on the first Friday of every month where visitors can enjoy free gallery openings, along with wine and cheese from 7 pm to 10 pm.
- The Biltmore Hotel, an architectural landmark offers free tours of the grounds, complete with a professional tour guide to explain the icon’s rich and entertaining history.
- Versace Mansion, this lavish property deserves a double-take and many visitors stop here as a memorial to the late fashion designer.
- Miami’s Holocaust Memorial is always free and open to the public as cultural enrichment and a reminder of historical downfalls.
- The Bacardi Museum offers a fun learning experience detailing the family of rum-makers and their generational plight.
- Biscayne National Park has something for every outdoor enthusiast; from water activities like boating and snorkeling to hiking the mangrove forest, it’s all here!
- Street Festivals are a major part of Florida holidays and span throughout the entire season. Enjoy ethnic food, music, dance, and crafts.
- Tower Theater in the Little Havana district offers free films showcasing the history and culture of Cuba. Walking tours are available daily in Little Havana, and guests can choose to pay for a tour guide or pick up a free map and take a self-guided tour instead.
- Skybar is one of the hundreds of nightclubs frequented by Miami residents and visitors. Many clubs have free cover and upbeat music, not to mention all the trendiest people.