MADRID’S CITY HALL TOP FLOOR
One of our most liked Instagrams in 2014 was a long exposure shot Jose took from the City Hall (Communications Palace) during the annual Travel Fair Fitur in January. In it you can see Gran Via avenue, Alcala street, the iconic Metropolis building and Cibeles square.
This Madrid sunset postcard, that was also exhibited later by Instagramers Gallery in Madrid’s Telefonica Foundation along with many others after winning the #MadridOff contest, was this one:
But there were more great images from that afternoon. Here’s a little gallery we wanted to share with you ever since.
Useful facts of Madrid’s City Hall:
- Location: Cibeles square 1, Madrid (Metro: Banco de España L2)
- Website: CentroCentro
- Fee to access the rooftop on the 8th floor: 2€ (0.5€ for kids younger than 12).
- Opening hours:
Tuesday to Sunday 10:30 > 13.30h and 16:00 > 19.00h
Closed on Mondays and national holidays.
- Contact: +34 91 480 00 08
CIRCULO DE BELLAS ARTES ROOFTOP TERRACE, MADRID
Apart from the townhall’s top floor, another spot that you can’t miss at sunset is the 7th floor of Circulo de Bellas Artes rooftop, where you can enjoy 360 degrees views of Madrid, just a few metres from this one. If you want to check it out on your next visit to the Spanish capital city, here’s what you need to know:
- Location: Alcala street 42, Madrid.
- Website: Circulo de Bellas Artes rooftop
- Fee to access the rooftop: 3€ (or just 2€ if you have a youth card). It includes ‘La Pecera’ restaurant too.
- Opening hours:
Monday to Thursday 09:00 > 21:00h
Friday 09:00 > 21:30h
Saturday 11:00 > 21:30h
Sunday 11:00 > 21:00h
- Contact: +34 913892500 (we recommend you to call before showing up. Sometimes there are private events and you could find the rooftop closed!).
But, as with the previous building, there is much more to this one that its rooftop bar! Do not forget to have a look to their monthly calendar of events with exhibits, workshops, movies and shows among other cool stuff.
Maybe you get lucky as well and can enjoy the panoramic views at sunset with live DJs or a concert like the folks in the following video:
And once you’re done with that, check what else you can do in Madrid here.
Disclaimer: Thanks to HostelsClub that hooked up with 2 nights in one of his central Madrid properties, Cat’s Hostel!