So hey, we are just back from Istanbul! A layover in Ataturk airport when coming back from Umea (Sweden), cheap visas and cheaper hotels as well as enjoying this magnificent city for a couple of days made the trick. Wanna follow our steps? Have a look at our Istanbul Instagram snapshots and start planning your holidays to Turkey. You won’t regret it!
1. Hello Istanbul! It’s good to be back 🙂
2. Blue Mosque Sultanahmet, Istanbul, praying call this afternoon. Of course, we waited for 30 min to be able to enter this Muslim architecture jewel. Well worth the trip to Istanbul alone! Get your Turkey visa by clicking here.
3. Istiklal Caddesi mirror or how we are playing with our cellphone pictures once we’ve reached our Sultanahmet budget hotel. This shot was taken from Demirören Istiklal top floor terrace. We spent some good 20 min people watching from the above.
4. Good night Istanbul! Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia, the Bosphorus by boat, Yerebatan cistern and more sightseeing await us tomorrow.
5. Hey Aya Sofya! The views you can get from your second floor difficult-to-reach windows are pretty neat! Even Blue Mosque has made it on our picture 🙂
6. And so we have just taken the boat to Kadiköy! This only set us 3 Turkish liras back and made an awesome ride at sunset. Epic mosques, legendary bridges between Europe and Asia, the Bosphorus as it best and a million seagulls. Here’s an Instagram video of our Departure from Eminonü, Sultanahmet.
7. Yes, you have to visit the Yerebatan cistern when in Istanbul. Magic atmosphere underground!
8. Sometimes it’s difficult to apply the Instagram square rule. Hagia Sophia has had many lives. Once a Christian basilica, it also enjoyed time as a Muslim mosque and today it’s Istanbul’s most visited museum.
9. We, Turkish cats, rule Istanbul. As spotted in Aya Sofia yesterday.
10. Seagulls came along all the way from Eminonü to Kadikoy. Surprisingly, locals and (no tourists as usual) kept feeding them for 20 minutes. We did not get a single picture without them representing.
11. Five years ago, I took a picture from the same spot. Aya Sofya floors haven’t stopped to amaze me.
12. See you soon Istanbul!
What’s next? After visiting 8 countries in the last month we need a bit of a rest before further adventures but we will be back on the road again soon 😉 Meanwhile, why don’t you show us your Istanbul and Turkey love in the comments below? Also, feel free to post your post links so we can have a look at your Turkish travel tips. It’s about time that we visit this country once again!