Russia is the ideal country to enjoy extensive road trips, thanks to the immense and diverse topography. The massive land is made of open steppes, lakes, ancient mountains, and vast plains. Just pack your bags and head to the amazingly wonderful land of Russia that is just perfect for a ‘road runner.’ Hit those empty stretches of sun-kissed highway roads in your car or a bike. Pack your shirts and duffel bags, sunglasses and cameras and drive through the beautiful country of Russia. This guide to road trip Russia will help you get ready.
If you’re worried about getting into the car of an unlicensed driver or want to know the cost of the journey beforehand, the best idea is to use the Kiwitaxi transfer in Russia. Unlike taxi service, it provides an individual meeting and helps with your luggage.
- Drive across Lake Baikal during the Siberian winter when the lake waters are frozen through to make it completely drivable. Just go a bit slow over uneven passages, and it will need higher driving skills as you dodge those cracks in the ice that lies hidden under a blanket of snow across the 389-mile-long Lake Baikal.
- The ancient trade route of Chuysky Trakt is just perfect for a road trip. Those miles and miles of the stretch of road will take you through Siberian and get connected to Europe and Asia through a network of paths. Enjoy driving through sleepy mountain villages and sweeping open plains and enjoy the rugged beauty of the land.
- St. Petersburg to Vladivostok is another popular road trip in Russia that promises to give you a full Russian experience. The j epic journey will take you across Siberia to Vladivostok, and you are sure to discover cities steeped in imperial and religious importance.
- Do not miss the Mongol Rally that enjoys a unique location across two continents of Asia and Europe. Feast your eyes on the spectacular scenery as you drive through the steppes, mountains, and deserts. You may start from the Czech Republic or the United Kingdom and enter Asia through Mongolia and later ending in Ulan-Ude, Siberia.
- Astrakhan to Elista to Lagan is a comparatively shorter trip that will take you into one of Russia’s most diverse cities culturally, Drive along the Volga River and pass through rustic villages, Check out all the Buddhist temples and the off beaten tracks.
- Enter the Golden Ring to Finland and drive through the picturesque towns towards the north east of Moscow. Explore cities like Vladimir, Suzdal, Posad and Sergiyev on the way and pass through Moscow, before driving north.
Tips before you go on a Russian road trip
Spend some time preparing for the long drives in the extreme landscape of Russia. Carry plenty of fuel for refills and change the filters regularly. It is a good idea to carry an accessory with you. Fuses are very important and make sure they are in good condition before driving out on those narrow roads. Always carry a basic automotive tool kit. Budget yourself based on the gas mileage of the car and variable gas prices.