Long life to the collaborative economy!
You got it. The uprising trend where buying experiences – like travel! – is slowly but surely replacing buying unnecessary material goods that end up piling worthlessness wherever there is some room left for them, is one we are meant to follow blindly too. And this is totally cool.
How can this get even better? Minimizing costs – yay for more travel and experiences! – , helping and empowering others to follow your steps as well as giving back to the community and, at the same time, enjoying our travel experiences with the locals, the people who ultimately know the places we are visiting by heart and are willing to share them with you.
Whether we are talking about car sharing (companies like blablacar, amovens, mitfahrgelegenheit are killing it) or staying in other people’s places for free or a rate (thinking of couch surfing, night swapping and of course Airbnb right now but there are many more!), and even when it seems that governments do not seem to agree and are determined to boycott these initiatives, this movement is unstoppable. And this is again, brilliant!
But without further ado, let’s get to the point here.
We have also experienced some of the local Airbnb goodness and it was about time to share it with you. From the almost free super budget options to the mid-range and luxurious ones, we have you covered in this article.
In order to make this list more useful, we’ll only showcase places that enjoy:
- Free wireless connection (we know how important this is these days for everyone!)
- A not shared room or surface, which means a private room or entire home/apartment (some privacy is key to have a good rest)
- With access to a kitchen
- Own by a Super-host (experienced hosts who are passionate about making your trip memorable. They rarely cancel, at least 80% of their reviews are 5 stars, they respond to guests quickly and maintain a 90% response rate or higher AND they have enough experience to make your stay a remarkable one, completing at least 10 trips in their listings in a year)
- Something that makes them unique and worth a stay on its own
- AND that includes the ‘Instant Booking’ option (ain’t no one has time for last-minute despair when, after giving your credit card details you still need to wait for the host’s approval)
- 1. BUDGET PLACES TO STAY – AIRBNB GALICIA
- 2. MID-RANGE PLACES TO STAY – AIRBNB GALICIA
- 3. LUXURY PLACES TO STAY – AIRBNB GALICIA
- Huge apartment by the cathedral – €115 per night / up to 10 people
- House with swimming pool – €130 per night / up to 10 people
- Country house, perfect for musicians – €181 per night / up to 16 people
- Enjoy your holidays on a yacht! – From €65 to €225 per night / up to 9 people
- 500 Square meters Penthouse – €586 per night / up to 10 guests
1. BUDGET PLACES TO STAY – AIRBNB GALICIA
Room + Breakfast steps away from Santiago – €25 per night / 2 guests
Luminous room with a 160cm bed and all the needed furniture.
Apartment in central Lugo – €40 per night / 2 guests
Double suite with breakfast included – €40 per night / 2 guests
Duplex in Bertamirans downtown. Double room with an en-suite bathroom.
Entire home 100m away from Vigo’s beach – €35 per night
Complete home recently refurbished, quiet and with lots of light. Located close to Vigo – only 5 minutes away from the city center by car –
2. MID-RANGE PLACES TO STAY – AIRBNB GALICIA
Casa Ricucho – €50 per night / up to 6 people
Typical Galician stone house with 2 double rooms and another for 1 person, a bathroom, and a living room right by Fontaiña beach.
Espazionatura Country House Retreat – €52 per night / 2 people
Our home since 2003 and renovated with love following bio-construction principles. Made of stone, glass, brick, and wood to blend in, breathe and interact with the outside to promote well-being…
Loft 150m away from the cathedral – €60 per night / 3 people
With garden views, this loft can host up to 3 guests and is barely 150 meters away from Santiago’s cathedral. It has a terrace and parking nearby.
Green Apartment in Santiago – €90 per night / up to 4 guests
Apartment in an 18th-century house – €120 per night / up to 5 guests
Just a few steps from the Cathedral, this apartment is located in one of the most beautiful streets of the city. Large but cozy, it is full of history and light.
3. LUXURY PLACES TO STAY – AIRBNB GALICIA
*Please note: These may be super-hosts or not. Most of them are anyways!*
Huge apartment by the cathedral – €115 per night / up to 10 people
House with swimming pool – €130 per night / up to 10 people
Country house, perfect for musicians – €181 per night / up to 16 people
A lovely country house just 10km away from Pontevedra. 50 square meters living room open to a courtyard, with a 3x4m projection screen and a grand piano!
2 fireplaces, central heating, and 3 bathrooms.
Enjoy your holidays on a yacht! – From €65 to €225 per night / up to 9 people
Comfy and with everything you need.
500 Square meters Penthouse – €586 per night / up to 10 guests
Large penthouse with pool, 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, jacuzzi, 3 terraces, gym, cinema room, wine cellar, 3 car garage, library, bar, kids playground, and much more.
Start planning your Galicia getaway with AIRBNB now!
Note for AirBnB first-timers:
- Airbnb is based on trust. Verify your ID, work on getting positive references and treat all the places where you stay as if they were your own.
- Airbnb wasn’t designed for very last-minute bookings, therefore plan your stay at least a few days in advance.