1. Abruzzo blog tour is kicking off today! After 3 amazing days at Travel Blogger Destination Italy 2013, we are now enjoying our first dinner at Osteria della Posta in Poggio Picenze. In Abruzzo we trust!
Margherita Cardelli, DJ Yabis “Dream Euro Trip”, Katja Presnal “Skimbaco”, Peter Meyer “My Next Amazing Trip”, Laurence Norah “Finding the Universe”, Daniel Nahabedian “Canvas of Light”, Maria “Viagem na Italia”, Joshua Heller and Eric Warren “Matador Network” and Move’s filmmaker Rick Mereki along with other 30 people are in the picture. 1 hour and a hlaf after starting it and we’re still tasting the second first course. Yay! You don’t want to know how many dishes are still lining up! Italians do it better.
2. La Notte delle Streghe happens to take place in this beautiful Italian town every August, 17th. Highly recommended!
3. Seriously loving the berries and fresh fruits for breakfast at Fattoria Antica Forconia, L’Aquila, Abruzzo.
4. Patterns from our hotel in L’Aquila. Roca di Calascio and Borgo Santo Estefano di Sessanio are scheduled for today!
5. Renzo Piano’s new auditorium welcomes L’Aquila visitors. Clearly the city wants to move on after the earthquake a few years ago. Well done!
6. Katja and I have just found Sextantio Albergo Diffuso too cool to be true 🙂 Santo Stefano di Sessanio, Abruzzo.
7. Basilica di Santa Maria di Collemaggio in L’Aquila.
8. A latergram of yesterday’s sunset near Santo Stefano di Sessanio, Abruzzo.
9. How’s the weather like where you are? During the whole Abruzzo blog tour, we have enjoyed sunny days and warm temperatures. Today it’s getting colder, though!
10. Wake up early and you might be rewarded.
11. After waking up early enough to catch the sunrise and morning colors in Santo Stefano di Sessanio this morning, Skimbaco found our amazing breakfast room after wandering and following fresh coffee smell all over the little town 🙂
12. Picture perfect. Roca di Calascio on our way back. It was fun! Like having your own fortress in Abruzzo.
13. I’ve just experienced how patience comes in handy when trying to harvest saffron in Navelli, Abruzzo.
14. On your way to Scanno, get ready to stop. You can’t miss Scanno lake with those surreal colors!
15. Welcome to Scanno!
16. After wandering through Scanno’s streets, I can assure this is one of the coziest Italian towns I’ve ever been to. We’ll spend our last night here, in La Baita di Scanno.
17. Three hours sleep before heading back to Florence and Bologna. Yes, this falls in the 1st world problems’ category!
Ever visited Abruzzo region? More articles about it coming soon here! 🙂