Istanbul? Why are you even going there now? – everyone hurries to ask.
As Inflow Istanbul Summit 2017 will be taking place from April, 18th (next week!), I cannot wait for the following things to happen:
- 1. Chatting with TA’s chef on board
- 2. Getting rid of jet lag in a unique brick room
- 3. Experiencing Turkish Hamman
- 4. Exploring some of the hippest Istanbul neighborhoods
- 5. Chilling at the luxurious Swissôtel The Bosphorus
- 6. Catching up with old friends and meeting new ones
- 7. Learning from the best travel influencers in the world
- 8. Snapping a few cool sunset shots
- 9. Speed dating with key companies
- 10. Spending three days in Antalya
- 11. Falling for Turkey all over again
1. Chatting with TA’s chef on board
And tasting that Turkish delight they hand you as you take off!
Because Turkish Airlines really gets it, I always board their planes with a big smile knowing the great service that awaits inside. I mean, where else have you seen a real chef handing you out a menu on a plane?
2. Getting rid of jet lag in a unique brick room
Not that there is a huge time difference between Spain and Turkey but still, those 3000 km will indeed mess with my nonexistent sleeping routines. We’ll see how that goes. For now, I could not be happier as the first hotel I will be experiencing, Regie Ottoman, looks amazing!
3. Experiencing Turkish Hamman
As I will be arriving a couple of days before the Summit, I have teamed up with Istanbulite to try a few cool things in Istanbul. It might be my third time there but this city is massive and with so much to experience one would need a lifetime to do it all!
As such, my first visit will be to the historic Kılıç Ali Paşa Hamamı, where I will enjoy a real Turkish Hamman bath treatment.
4. Exploring some of the hippest Istanbul neighborhoods
After the hamman bath, I will be exploring Karaköy, Galata and Cihangir neighborhoods with my Istanbulite guide. We might even include a boat ride along the Bosphorus at sunset!
5. Chilling at the luxurious Swissôtel The Bosphorus
A five-star hotel right in the centre of Istanbul on the European banks of the Bosphorus, Swissotel The Bosphorus‘ most awesome feature is its exclusive rooftop pool.
Both our hotel and the event venue, we will be spending a few days there.
6. Catching up with old friends and meeting new ones
I seriously cannot wait to spend some time with Marghe – The Crowded Planet – and Sarah – Coffee With a Slice of Life. And meet all the other travel bloggers, photographers and influencers attending the conference.
7. Learning from the best travel influencers in the world
Does Murad Osman sound familiar? Yay! He’s the guy behind one of Instagram’s most epic accounts ever with almost 5M followers these days. And he will be giving a talk during Inflow Travel. Isn’t that cool?
8. Snapping a few cool sunset shots
In Beyoğlu’s district, 360 Istanbul already got our attention a few years back and so we headed to its spacious terrace to enjoy the golden and blue hours.
This time though, I expect my time there to be a bit busier. After Inflow’s first day sessions on April, 18th, we’ll all get some down time there to network and witness Istanbul from above.
9. Speed dating with key companies
Ever heard of B2I? Apparently, it means business to influencer and is a basic acronym for Inflow’s second day as some of the largest companies of the travel industry will meet and network with some of the top influencers in the world. We will be there too, let’s meet!
10. Spending three days in Antalya
Like it happens in many travel conferences, there is a post trip to a nearby destination within the country. If last year, Cappadocia was the chosen one, this time we will be headed to Antalya, a rather unknown area in Southern Turkey.
There, on top of staying at Gloria Serenity Resort for a few days, we will get to uncover some of the region hotspots as Antalya Old Town and Rixos Land of Legends theme park! (after Ferrari Land last week, I am really getting into them!). And, fingers crossed everything goes as planned, we will be enjoying a boat tour as well through Antalya’s turquoise waters as well. What’s not to love?
11. Falling for Turkey all over again
As I did in 2009 and 2013, it seems like I will need to drop by every 4 years from now on. This world we live in is a stunning one and Turkey never ceases to amaze me.
Hurry up! Secure your spot for Inflow Travel now!